The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de puritano
- A strait-laced British Government official arrives to offer cash aid to dig 38 wells for the president's drought-stricken people.
- For two decades, the BBC's voice of youth enforced a moral code that your average Victorian aunt would have thought strait-laced.
- In the sequel, a clash of cultures ensues when the straight-laced, conservative Byrnes family meets the liberal, relaxed Fockers.
- Audiences will love pretty much everyone in the movie, from the sexually daring parents to their straight-laced, teenaged son to the hunky plumber whose tool kit contains a couple of surprises.
- It gets worse when Ian's straight-laced parents enter the fray.
- ‘What I had done was to signal a shift in our mindset to being more relaxed and open-minded, and less strait-laced and Victorian,’ he said.
- And yet she's also, in a strange way, a highly moral person; it's just that she doesn't confuse morality with strait-laced cowardice and want of adventure.
- She was very prim and straight-laced looking, and her entire personality tended to reinforce her appearance.
- Due to her strict and pious upbringing Edith was a brisk, businesslike and rather straight-laced woman, serious with a no-nonsense attitude but still well liked by all who knew her.
- It is strangely unclassifiable television - a caustically comic, surreptitiously sudsy thriller that has alienated a whole tranche of strait-laced Americans and so delighted many more.
- To their more gung-ho colleagues in the financial sector, this strait-laced group is little more than a regulatory irritant, more interested in stopping them making money than helping them.
- Shawn, the bridegroom, is played as a gormless buffoon; the real comedy of the earnest, strait-laced coward goes for nothing.
- ‘It was the only erotic program,’ Ananich said, recalling how strait-laced television was back then.
- Once you turn the political contest into a strict test of personal character and behaviour, even the apparently most strait-laced leader is likely to come a cropper in the end.
- Far from being strait-laced, women in the 1600s were as fashion conscious as today - even if it meant wearing highly revealing outfits.
- The straight-laced history of the capital became a focus for dreaming, a site for imagining a city which could better shape the lives of its inhabitants.
- Although the official site is comprehensive and impressive, it is straight-laced compared to the more flamboyant style of the fansite.
- Straightforward and straight-laced, Haeg is not the mysterious type.
- ‘You can be the most straight-laced person in the world but still find stuff like that funny,’ says Robson.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!