The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1to be in straitened circumstances — pasar estrecheces
- Since it itself is only modestly profitable, the new company starts life in straitened circumstances.
- Others who will be exempted from conscription are men doing service, and men in straitened family circumstances, on the basis of a report by the local administration and on application to the Defence Minister.
- It had long been a Chamber priority to secure Cabinet-level representation for Waterford and this has been even more important during the last year given the straitened economic circumstances.
- Unlike public museums, which can attract a measure of financial aid from the government, university museums were generally confronted with more straitened financial circumstances.
- A woman and children have been bereaved, no doubt left behind in straitened circumstances, and it is unlikely that their grief is less real than that of any of the families of other victims of tragic accidents.
- Primary school pupils mostly feel frustrated because of straitened family financial circumstances or because of problems with their teachers.
- Some Bulgarian families now have fewer children than they want to for various reasons, most often straitened circumstances, Belcheva said.
- There are also ads inviting assistance placed by genteel persons in straitened circumstances.
- The other side of this contract was a programme of social reforms that the country could ill afford in its straitened circumstances.
- He moved his family to Edinburgh, where he died, leaving his widow and four daughters in straitened circumstances.
- The Wyoming refuseniks adapt themselves to these straitened circumstances with a mixture of stoicism, masochism and whimsy, and Proulx follows suit, particularly enjoying fantastical moments.
- I still think the staleness is there and very flattering to people who actually prefer straitened horizons.
- So it is disappointing when one British writer who can stand up to the broad-sweeping visions of international novelists has to watch a writer of more straitened horizons take the plaudits.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!