The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1puerta de (la) calle feminine(of apartment block) puerta de (la) calle feminine(of apartment block) portal masculine
- He gets out of the street door and walks around to the sidewalk door, opens it and pulls his female companion out by her hair and dumps her to the ground.
- Bryan alleged that as he and Rebecca approached, Mawhood and Mr Gilchrist were kissing and cuddling at their street door, but Rebecca claimed the couple were having a short argument.
- It's a fabulously grand home - even though you approach the street door down a narrow alleyway hung with washing - but they're not grand about it.
- When they unlock the street door, they take the puppy off its leash.
- My job at the food importers started at seven, and the street door of the overflow hostel was not unlocked until seven.
- Viola ducks away from him and blunders blindly out of the street door, in tears.
- I got off to a bad start when I couldn't figure out how to open the street door to the restaurant.
- I heard his little steps hammer up the stairs, but Marissa must have picked him up, for there came a great howling under the door, and it was abruptly cut off by the street door crashing shut.
- Follow me in five minutes; and don't knock at the street door.
- As soon as the street door opened every news camera in the southern hemisphere hit the lights and reporters started yelling questions.
- A downstairs neighbour let them in through the street door.
- Soon a fan the size of a card table is pulling the bad air out the street door.
- When we go out, we transit the same doors but use fewer keys-the elevator and the street door lock behind us.
- As he was in the lead, Astor pulled the street door open for Maddox.
- Most of the street doors were wide open, and through them I stepped straight into the front parlour.
- Nowadays, especially in cafes with large street doors, they are just as comfortable as you are - perhaps more so: no waiter is going to present them with a bill.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!