The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de agotador
1(requiring effort)(activity/exercise/game) agotador(activity/exercise/game) extenuante
- He will make strenuous efforts to make sure that no criminal act on the inside, or the outside, can be traced back to him.
- To mitigate this perception, strenuous efforts are being made to engage local people.
- It is also making strenuous efforts to recruit new staff and train unqualified employees.
- The Church has also made strenuous efforts to ensure young people can become more involved.
- Some doctors have made strenuous efforts to address this notoriously difficult area with further training.
- I would have been able to get rid of the cart, but it would have easily hung on until I made a strenuous effort to get rid of it.
- Europe has made strenuous efforts to bring the Balkans into its economic and political orbit.
- The efforts were equally strenuous behind the scenes as officials tried to impress foreign investors.
- Older and wiser now, he is making strenuous efforts to get out his side of the story early and often.
- In spite of strenuous efforts, it is still perhaps China's most serious problem.
- If the condition clears up quickly, ensure that the child avoids strenuous exertion for at least a week afterwards.
- We would use every ounce of effort we have to oppose it in the most strenuous manner.
- The waters around Pitcairn are fierce and turbulent, with diving made strenuous by the strong currents.
- The idea that you should hold your keen pupils back to make life less strenuous for a secondary school teacher is monstrous.
- It's a fairly strenuous activity, but only needs doing twice a year.
- The walking was a little strenuous, but it was just too beautiful to miss.
- The most strenuous thing I've done all day has been to mow the lawn.
- His many handicaps have not deterred him from taking these strenuous trips.
- There is no strenuous exercise involved and no special equipment is needed.
- Warming up before beginning strenuous exercise is a must for every athlete.
2(active, ardent)(denial) vigoroso(denial) enérgico(opposition) tenaz(supporter) acérrimodespite our strenuous efforts to locate them — a pesar de nuestros denodados esfuerzos por localizarlos
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!