The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de esparcir
verbo transitivo strewn, strewn, strewed
1(gravel/seeds) esparcir(objects) (untidily) desparramarto strew sth with sthparcels were strewn everywhere — había paquetes desparramados por todos lados
- Damage was caused to the fence and chain, the crosses by the memorial were flattened and litter was strewn around the area.
- There are more and more scratches to the paintwork and plants from an adjoining flower bed, along with litter, have been strewn over the seats and surrounding area.
- At others, downed trees littered parent pickup areas and limbs were strewn across student bike racks.
- Large amounts of rubbish and litter are strewn about from the entrance by the North Lodge for at least the first 500 yards into the estate and makes this walk an eyesore.
- The wooden fence is vandalised repeatedly and, although the council repairs the damage, for periods of time broken pieces are left strewn across the area.
- ‘We have magnificent countryside but litter is strewn all over the place,’ Roughead said.
- More than 1,500 trees will be planted and concrete bollards will be strewn throughout the area.
- Her clothes and possessions were strewn around the area.
- Hundreds of rescuers worked through the night locating wreckage and bodies, which were strewn across a wide area.
- Wreckage was strewn over a wide area and that, combined with the thick fog, made the task exceptionally difficult.
- Street lights fail to work, litter is strewn everywhere, vandalism is rife, and adolescents roam the streets aimlessly.
- Litter was strewn around, even though a bin had been provided.
- Unexploded cluster bombs are strewn throughout the area.
- Lithographs by Henry Moore are strewn nonchalantly on the surface of an odds-and-ends box, left as samples for visiting artists to leaf through.
- Traffic was disrupted for several hours to allow firefighters to clear the road of debris which was strewn over a large area.
- Wreckage was strewn across a wide area, indicating that the plane exploded in mid-air.
- A consignment of sugar from one of the bulk-carriers was strewn over a large area.
- Debris was strewn throughout the area and the engine and a wing landed in the river.
- The dog loves to play in the litter and strew it around the floor.
- First, he strews dark sand across a white surface, then he draws images with his fingers and when the whole picture is ready he films it.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!