The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of huelguista
1(employee on strike)huelguista masculine, feminine
- While the strikers walk the picket lines, more than 20 employees have decided to continue working.
- They struck on Tuesday of last week, when many strikers joined the picket line, and were due out again this Thursday.
- Our strike is solid, with around two thirds of strikers attending picket lines.
- Norton and other strikers extended their picket lines to other areas of the state, where they say they've found a sympathetic public.
- There are now only 100 strikers left on the picket line.
- Instead of a picket line, the strikers will volunteer at nursing homes and community centers across the province.
- As the strike went on, a carnival atmosphere developed on the picket line, with strikers blowing French-style horns.
- Conversation halted on the picket line as the strikers waited to catch a glimpse of their temporary replacements.
- A group of women on the picket line symbolised the strikers ' militant mood.
- The strikers say that employees of Harvard get more money.
- The strikers are employees of construction companies brought in to build a zinc refinery on the premises.
- The hunger strikers are demanding compensation and medical benefits for all the affected workers.
- Two of the hunger strikers have already fallen ill and have had been hospitalised.
- Eleven of the hunger strikers have already been admitted to the hospital.
- The strikers picketed the post office and demanded improved security when carrying out deliveries.
- Despite rainy weather, strikers picketed the company's head office in central Colombo.
- The strikers demanded a reduction in working hours and improved benefits and working conditions.
- Under New Labour's legislation, employers can legally sack strikers after eight weeks.
- A boss has the right to sack strikers after eight weeks on strike.
- The victory included the reinstatement of five sacked strikers and payment of full wages.
2(in soccer)ariete masculine, femininedelantero masculinedelantera feminineartillero masculineartillera feminine
- He also makes good runs forward to support the strikers.
- Why was Ferguson sitting in midfield instead of bombing forward to help the strikers?
- The 28-year-old Dutch striker has been out of action for nearly three months because of an Achilles injury.
- Manchester United are in better form and even without their star striker are scoring more goals than Arsenal.
- The 26-year-old Celtic striker's long-term plans make sense in anyone's language.
- We salvaged a point when Josh Adams, our star striker scored a last-gasp equalizer to level the game.
- Niemi stood his ground and pushed the diminutive striker's shot beyond the far post.
- In Raul they have the most exciting young striker in the world although defensively they are unconvincing.
- The team often has a five-man midfield and a lone striker.
- There is a chance the veteran striker may never play for Motherwell again.
- O'Connor is the type of guy who believes everything comes to strikers who score goals.
- Hughes would then have the spare cash to sign another striker as well.
- For the last three months he has been the most in-form English striker in the Premiership.
- Burley confirmed that the former Germany international striker will be on trial in Edinburgh this week.
- But the former Hibs striker admits to having doubts about going so far down the league ladder.
- Fenn was again involved but the striker's shot hit the side-netting.
- If you are a striker at any club, you must score goals.
- Bellamy has been the best striker up front for Newcastle this season.
- The lack of an experienced striker up front was also one of the reasons Bafana could not execute their chances.
- With Seaman beaten, the striker's header hit a post when he ought to have scored.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!