The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1strong-arm tactics — mano dura
- Today's unions are employing the same strong-arm tactics used to oppress the industrial work force of the 19th century.
- Some human right organisations tried to defy the whip on September 21, but they were terrorised by the strong-arm tactics of the upper castes.
- This is a typical example of a large company trying to use strong-arm tactics to force an asset out of the hands of an individual.
- Bullying tactics and strong-arm conduct will assist no one in the resolution of the delicate issues affecting our education system.
- How free are we in a world dominated by the great American empire and multinational corporations exerting strong-arm tactics on smaller nations?
- His vigorous defense in fielding the attacks made by regime politicians has shown he does not cower from strong-arm tactics.
- They have been criticised recently for strong-arm tactics, rolling around in tanks, but not doing enough intelligence.
- Air Canada's strong-arm tactics prompted the Deluces to sue, and the two sides settled out of court after a two-year fight.
- These patterns demonstrate that the Republicans' strong-arm tactics in Florida made sense.
- The Senate is on high alert now, despite your sponsor's strong-arm tactics.
- He is someone the camorra ‘must’ silence, but any strong-arm tactics would create a hero.
- Most members of the Legislature feel cowed by the governor's strong-arm tactics.
- These seemingly tough men, employing strong-arm tactics, expect wives to be their psychic nurses.
- Competitors allege that he used strong-arm tactics to build his empire.
- Some might argue that there is nothing wrong with these sort of strong-arm tactics.
- These strong-arm tactics include garnishing a man's paycheck, revoking his driver's license, and sending him to jail.
- The RIAA, on behalf of its members, fights to stop the piracy of digital music files using what some would call strong-arm tactics.
- Suge's reputation for strong-arm business tactics and how that approach was used to bribe and manipulate are also documented.
- Already deeply suspicious of just about everything, China is no stranger to using such strong-arm tactics to regulate the Internet.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!