The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of tremendo
1(effort/strength) tremendo(success) formidable(failure) mayúsculowe had a stupendous time on vacation — pasamos unas vacaciones formidables / estupendas
- Perched on at least three different levels, it enjoys a stupendous view over the Nile south of Aswan city centre.
- We climbed the mountain for stupendous views of the west coast.
- I noticed out the window an absolutely stupendous view over Westminster.
- People were drawn magnetically to the windows, staring out at stupendous views in all directions.
- By walking perhaps twenty yards further there's a stupendous view over the Bristol Channel.
- The annexe has the feel of a private house with a wood fire and stupendous views of the temples of Baalbek.
- It is a stupendous and, on a first visit, stupifying display of over 140 pictures by fifty artists.
- It is for no other reason than the empire's need to engage in a stupendous demonstration of its might.
- However, that presence, stupendous mystery as it was, was in itself no guarantee of benefit, either to celebrant or congregation.
- But none of those truths should diminish the power of last weekend's stupendous events.
- Three stupendous performances will stay in the memory.
- Lipsey says the Treasury can claim credit for the stupendous UK policy success of the last two decades - privatisation.
- The deal, which allowed Mittal to pay himself a £1.1 billion dividend, also shone a light on his stupendous wealth.
- So long as it prevails the show is thrilling and stupendous; the moment it fails the show is a dull and dirty farce.
- The report finds that the cost of these disparities is stupendous.
- To the converted, the guest list at this weekend's Canadian National Comic Book Expo is stupendous.
- What a stupendous building, built in thanksgiving for success in war.
- They are sitting on a stupendous amount of oil after all.
- By the time we got to the grand final it was just stupendous.
- I thought it was a stupendous idea - I still do - but I haven't heard anything more about it.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!