The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of sustantivo
1 formal(real, meaningful)(evidence/proof/research) sustantivo formal(evidence/proof/research) de peso(change) sustancial(issue) fundamental
- But it is important to note that substantive discussions of issues rarely entered into Five Points political contests.
- Parties are unstable and hard to distinguish on the basis of substantive issues.
- Some students of the media have developed a notion of the game schema model, where tactics and strategy are now more important than substantive issues.
- It constituted the first important dialogue on substantive nuclear issues between the two self-declared de facto nuclear weapon powers of the world.
- I instinctively like empowering political interest groups, which despite their flaws do articulate important substantive visions.
- And now it's time for the White House to help bring the parties together to get real, meaningful, substantive tax relief done.
- And then he'll - he'll talk about life or the idea of the movies in a way that's so substantive and important.
- If the Government is committed to meaningful and substantive talks they have to show that.
- Healthcheck encourages distrust of medical professionals, and the lack of substantive evidence in many of its reports muddies the issues at stake.
- This phenomenon is not based on ideological considerations or substantive issues of national concern.
- The substantive issue that she raises is important.
- Hence, if there is no valid or substantive argument on the basis of the application itself, there can be no grant of an exemption.
- Although these articles together make an important substantive contribution to this new understanding, they certainly do not constitute the last word on the subject.
- Elections are not the sole gauge of democracy, but they are, of course, important, substantive milestones.
- These similar trajectories, however, mask important substantive distinctions.
- They subsequently assisted him in the drafting of statements which were considered substantive evidence of the aggravation and difficulties he had been forced to endure during this debacle.
- Nothing short of substantive and meaningful improvement in the material well being of ordinary South Africans will overturn this tide of distrust and scepticism.
- Choice likewise provides a substantive basis for parental and student buy-in.
- His recuperative perception, in other words, is the substantive basis of a dramatic engagement.
- Yes I think decision making institutional issues are far more important than substantive reforms.
2(motion) con enmiendas British
- We believe that before any British troops are involved in military action there should be a substantive motion and a vote in parliament.
- The substantive motion was then voted on, and carried by a massive majority.
- Point of order: The honourable member knows that if she wishes to make such statements about another member of this House she should do it by substantive motion.
- The European Parliament should be lobbied for more concrete and substantive resolutions that are beneficial to Taiwan.
- And so the bickering goes on… without any substantive proposals from anyone to deal with systemic problems they've identified.
- All entities, substantives, adverbs, sentences are patiently, and joyously, called into question.
- In short, it rejected the idea that Father, Son, and Spirit are either merely adjectives or full substantives.
- Nathan said only enough to indicate that he was using language with an unaccustomed force and intelligence - but mildly annoying, as if all substantives fell away, leaving only the prepositions.
- This is a clear sentence, with two nominal substantives - fire and rice, an activity - cooking, and an agent - the fire which brings about the cooked rice.
- In the process, they created a ‘genre’ of ‘Australian’ film, something like the ‘western’ genre in the United States at the time, inasmuch as it can be identified by prospective viewers mainly as a modifier for other generic substantives.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!