Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1trasfondo masculinesubtexto masculine
- The question then becomes, how do we read a work of fiction one of whose subtexts is the events of '48 and its consequences?
- This system forms the subtext of the protagonist's behavior and encodes it as text.
- The book is full of different subtexts and themes, all of which try to explain why a man so adored by the French culinary world would take his own life.
- The only drawback to this truly engaged show is a handful of moments in the script where we lose sight of the larger theme and intellectual subtexts.
- While Nora enthusiastically turns to fairy tales as a form of childhood therapy, she also unwittingly absorbs the genre's patriarchal and racist subtexts.
- To get a hang of the play and its subtext, which is its essence, it is necessary to take it scene-by-scene.
- The learned meanings are present in the subtext, which is understood only by the initiated audiences.
- I'll leave the discussion of themes there, though a scholarly look at the film and its underlying subtexts could take several pages.
- Alternatively, if they're English students (as most thesps are), they could be focussing on the various subtexts of the film.
- The underlying subtext here is that native language belongs at home and not at school.
- The novel uses these worn motifs to create a subtext of understated feelings.
- Given the wild and underground nature of the shows they produce, it comes as no surprise that the Old Trout Puppet Workshop has a surreal story of origin, complete with apocalyptic subtexts.
- Who we are and who we were - and why it might matter - were the subtexts of a national literature.
- Its great when for once you don't look for subtexts or symbolisms and just laugh and feel good or bad about something.
- It's a subtext which betrays the author's own feelings but he doesn't allow it to stand in the way of a good yarn.
- The 42-page comic can be read in a single sitting, though it'll take several sweeps to pluck out the myriad subtexts and visual motifs.
- Filtering the genre model through a gay sensibility served to burst the romantic bubble that concealed the subtexts.
- Serenity is an object lesson in how to do things right; from narrative structure, to emotional development, to surprise plot twists and thought provoking subtexts, everything about this film just works.
- But the inference that the special Hollinger committee set up to investigate the allegations produced a report influenced by anti-Semitism is one which carries a variety of dangerous subtexts.
- The exhibition contains, of course, excellent examples by each of the three masthead figures, but they represent only one strand of a much more ambitious but ill-defined text, or rather series of subtexts.