Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(appropriate)apropiadoadecuado(to be) suitable for sb/sth/-ing — (ser) apropiado / adecuado para algn/algo/+ inf
- Just because something is already there does not make it suitable for the purpose.
- The job has been advertised but so far it has not produced a suitable candidate.
- It may be possible to predict which troops are, and are not, suitable for deployment.
- The big supermarkets could do more to suggest suitable wine and food partnerships.
- If it is is not suitable for other uses it will be put on the open market for public auction.
- Their task is to make it suitable for children and comply with Ofsted regulations.
- The site is said to be suitable as an industrial distribution warehouse or service yard.
- A doctor also advised that the bed was neither necessary nor suitable for the couple.
- About a year ago we started to hunt around for shows which were suitable for children and adults.
- It has been agreed that a bed and breakfast would not be suitable in this case.
- I'm not a fan so I don't know if this will outrage fans or be suitable homage to the series.
- This road has never been suitable for speed, nor has there ever been a major accident of any kind.
- Entries can only be returned if a suitable stamped addressed envelope is enclosed.
- A suitable donor has been found and will be called in if the operation goes ahead.
- From this she can assess which skin areas to focus on and also whether the treatment is suitable.
- Lots of fish are suitable, including salmon and trout, but my favourite is sea bass.
- Finding good sites in suitable locations at realistic prices is a further problem.
- It will have to be taped though I am not sure how suitable it is for a five-year-old.
- After all, what's more suitable than a nice pair of trainers to help you keep on running?
- It immediately relieves dry skin, is unperfumed and is suitable for all types of skin.
2(acceptable, proper)apropiadothe program is not suitable for children — el programa no es apropiado / apto para niños
3(convenient)convenienteis nine o'clock suitable for you? — ¿le viene bien a las nueve?