Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- Similarly, Kelley combats critics who reduce surrealism to an aesthetic movement.
- The need for the viewer to decipher the work was exactly what the artists who first forayed into the world of surrealism had in mind.
- Abstract expressionism, collage, surrealism, impressionism and the use of other materials were expressly banned.
- The old masters of surrealism aren't the only ones popular with today's art collectors, though.
- In the end, Malley is really unlike the sort of grandstanding, romantic surrealism he mocks.
- There is an inherent pitfall in such movements as surrealism, Dadaism, and absurdism.
- Indeed, I have found a new respect for surrealism and the artists who are brave enough to tackle the style.
- That is not to say his style is pedestrian, but it is easier to see the influence of classic examples of surrealism within it.
- He had no formal training in art but, influenced by surrealism, he began making collages and boxed assemblages in the early 1930s.
- That is why he describes his transition from Dada to surrealism as a compromise.
- Both New Photography and surrealism were heavily influenced by European art.
- His work is considered a unique style combining impressionism, surrealism and abstract modern painting.
- Perhaps this is the nature of the genre: surrealism, by definition, requires a suspension of the real.
- His intention was to show surrealism as a movement capable of standing at the head of opposition to reaction.
- The script does wobble - we lurch from naturalism to cinematic surrealism, with apparently little to justify it.
- He had given up surrealism on sadly realizing that you need fixed points, after all, both in life and in the arts.
- This was surrealism in action long before it moved into the realms of art.
- The central portion of this book is dedicated to women's contributions to surrealism.
- On abstract expressionism, I think that its debt to surrealism was largely formal or technical.
- I viewed breathtaking works in the style of Rembrandt, through impressionism and surrealism.