The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
- During this festival, the Hebrews dwelled in booths or tabernacles made of branches, which symbolized God's protection during their wilderness travels.
- For God created the world, which he wished to prepare as a tabernacle for man; and, since he wanted to clothe himself in man, he fashioned him to his own image and likeness.
- Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias.
- And he shall plant the tabernacles of his palace between the seas in the glorious holy mountain; yet he shall come to his end, and none shall help him.
- There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High.
- Something within me wants to open the great tabernacle of memories and hug them to bits.
- Leviticus is a rigorous laying out of the law especially in regard to the tabernacle, temple, and cultic practice.
- In Old Testament times, blood from sacrificed animals was applied to certain vessels in the tabernacle or temple to make them holy for God's use.
- He starts with the Bible, which includes the use of gold as adornment, the golden calf, and the detailed description of use of gold in sanctuary and tabernacle.
- The Ark of the Covenant was put into the tabernacle.
- All animals killed by Israelites were to be killed at the tabernacle.
- Moses then took the anointing oil, anointed the Tabernacle, and all that was within it and consecrated it.
- The tabernacle of the Old Testament was a ‘shadow of things in heaven.’
- In Exodus 30: 22-30 we see Moses anointing the tabernacle, Aaron, and the priests as ministers unto God.
- There are also accounts and explanations of the Ark's construction and its place in the tabernacle, and the administrative details for its transportation.
- Of course, this does not refer to just any tent; but to the wilderness tabernacle, the tent that was the dwelling place of God's glory.
- The princes of Israel brought a great assortment of gifts to the tabernacle and Aaron the priest cleansed all the Levites.
- And The Lord spake unto Moses, saying, Speak unto the congregation, saying, Get you up from about the tabernacle of Korah, Dathan, and Abiram.
- One writer describes it beautifully as being ‘not like a fringe of gold, decorating a robe; but it is like the mercy-seat of the ancient tabernacle, which was pure gold throughout.’
- Previous to this, God ‘moved’ with the people in the tabernacle, which was built to house the tablets of the Commandments.
- When God dwelt in the tabernacle, among the Jews, the glory of God was hid except to the high priest who could enter behind the veil into the Holy of Holies.
- Furthermore, they were accompanied into the land by the tabernacle, an evident token of the presence of God among them.
- Moses had splashed the tabernacle seven times with water and blood, and when he needed to reconcile his people with God, he made seven sacrifices.
- The story told is that when King Solomon started to build his famous temple in Jerusalem, he entrusted the holy tabernacle that housed the Ten Commandments to his son, Menelik I, for safekeeping.
2(place of worship)templo masculine
- When I want consciousness expansion, I go to my local tabernacle and I sing!
- Last night as we were getting ready to perform at the tabernacle in Atlanta, Daron was drinking miso broth, Laura was doing yogic stretches, and I was reading ‘The Economist.’
- From 1741 Whitefield's London base was Moorfields tabernacle, with other tabernacles at Norwich, Bristol, and elsewhere.
- In 1994 the church announced plans to convert the tabernacle in Vernal, Utah, into a temple.
3(on altar)tabernáculo masculine
- The enormous crucifix fixed on the wall behind the altar and above the golden tabernacle portrayed the death of Jesus Christ, the son of the Lord God, in a solemn and very sacred manner.
- Jesus is present in a very real and powerful way in every church that reserves the Blessed Sacrament in the tabernacle.
- The only opposition comes from those who want to turn back the clock completely, spin the altar around, put the Mass back in Latin, enshrine the tabernacle on the altar, and reimpose the law of Friday abstinence.
- Add an altar table, tabernacle, and stations of the cross and you would have had a beautiful Catholic church, combining the best of both traditions.
- The robbers also damaged the altar in an effort to steal the tabernacle, where the Communion host is kept.
- The painting does not have to contain a Eucharistic reference if it has a tabernacle standing in front of it.
- It is now hoped to put a tapestry behind the tabernacle with a light shining on it.
- The placement of the tabernacle, the gestures of adoration (especially kneeling during the whole Eucharistic prayer), and the renewal of perpetual adoration are all based on the desire to reinforce belief in the Real Presence.
- Venerable Solanus Casey would often spend the night in prayer before the Blessed Sacrament, and would wake up curled up on the floor beneath the tabernacle just in time for morning Mass.
- The tabernacle, sanctuary lamp and all brasses have been cleaned, polished and lacquered in both Mulranny and Tiernaur churches.
- During these hidden years, Jeanne often spent hours kneeling in the chapel, gazing at the crucifix or the tabernacle of Christ's presence.
- St. Philip Neri loved to pray beside the tabernacle in his church in Rome.
- Replacing the tabernacle with an archbishop's throne in Armagh cathedral caused uproar among parishioners two years ago.
- The celebrant faced the tabernacle, his back to the uncomprehending congregants who busied themselves with their prayer books or rosaries.
- The only bread available was consecrated bread used in the tabernacle.
- Having established that it cannot have been a tabernacle, the only other possible purpose is a reliquary.
- In a departure from custom, the tabernacle is located in the Chapel of the Blessed Sacrament, not behind the altar.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!