The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de recaudación
1takings pluralComercio recaudación femenino(at box office) taquilla femenino(at box office) entrada femeninoto count the day's takings — hacer (la) caja
- Industry takings rely on the sale of alcohol and the more they sell, the better their profits.
- Retailers can examine the till takings in a branch across the city, without having to lay a cable out there.
- At the end of the day he compares the tally of customers with the takings to ensure his profit margin.
- Surveys of local businesses suggest takings have fallen slightly.
- Together with gate receipts, bar takings and sponsorship. the books are just about balanced.
- Not only did the money go, the takings of our flag day, but he took the only set of weights we had for training.
- Thousands flocked to the three resorts last weekend and business takings were well up.
- The venture has proved so popular that the business has doubled its takings every year.
- Companies may operate as shops-within-shops and pay rent as a percentage of takings to the host store.
- Hotels and guesthouses simply can't cope with the fall in takings now facing them.
- The counterfeits were discovered when the shopkeepers tried paying their takings into the bank.
- The club announced it was donating the entire evenings takings to the families of the missing firemen.
- All takings from the gate will go to Our Lady's Hospital for Sick Children in Crumlin.
- Lizzy had done a gig the night before and Philip was divvying up the takings.
- As a goodwill gesture Mr Smith said he would be contributing some of his days' takings to help pay back the stolen money.
- As audiences dwindled, Apollo's pledge to keep the cinema open until a buyer could be found died with the box office takings.
- Chicago has already won critical acclaim and attracted big box office takings in London and the United States.
- Open the tills, count the takings at the end of the night and don't count the cost!
- Meanwhile angry shopkeepers in Blackfen Road say takings are down by more than half.
- He tells how the company's daily takings have reached a record £106,000 and we see him counting wads of cash.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!