Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(person) conversador(person) hablador(person) parlanchín informal(person) hablantín informalyou're not very talkative tonight — hoy estás muy callado
- While travelling on the buses, I encountered a very talkative bus driver.
- The mother was more talkative, the driver said, and had said how terrible it was to have to thumb home.
- So, joining him in the suite are his taciturn driver and a talkative tailor named George.
- The driver turns out to be very talkative and good company.
- She is a most improbable superstar, this small, talkative, unshowy, and resoundingly English mother of two.
- I didn't really know what to say and, in these scenes, I always tend to let anyone else talkative carry on while I keep quiet.
- His son, who was usually quiet and shy, was very talkative that morning.
- Shi Jialei, who is talkative and always wears a smile, said he was a wordless and silent child before he came to the school.
- Other than that, I haven't really been all that talkative today, because I've had a pounding headache.
- Fishermen are not talkative to non-participants; one should not come between them and their river.
- But while you need to talk, I don't think you need to be too talkative or have to explain everything you do all the time.
- He became talkative and mentioned his family, the small taxi company he works for, the change of this city.
- Naturally talkative, Theroux discovered the candour as well as the secretiveness of the island's people.
- Dad just talked to him two days ago, and he was in a great mood, talkative, and totally fine.
- I started chatting away to him as he had his back to me, but he was less than talkative for some reason, I was lucky if I got a grunt back.
- Yes, the neighbours are exceptionally friendly and talkative, but no more so than the ones where we lived before.
- The busy staff were attentive, talkative and to be honest, a bit embarrassingly deferential at times.
- This way the talkative neighbour or the sick child will only set you back temporarily and you will have the rest of the week to catch up.
- The parents are talkative, polite and determined to put the past behind them.
- She was a shy girl, but quite talkative after warming up to the person she was conversing with.