The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
- To minimize inhalation of pigmented powder by the animals, only a small amount of powder was applied to the area immediately surrounding the teats of lactating females.
- The females have no teats and the young feed through numerous tiny openings in the skin of the mother's belly.
- The backwardly opening pouch of the female encloses two teats.
- The procedure may be necessary on some farms to prevent facial injuries to nursing pigs and injuries to sow teats and/or udders; thus, this procedure could be justified on an animal welfare basis.
- Milk out cows for the first three to six days after calving, making sure the udder and teats are clean
- Immediately after birth, the joey crawls from the birth canal into the mother's pouch where it attaches to one of four teats.
- Many dasyurids lack a pouch; in these species, the teats are arranged on a circular patch of skin on the abdomen.
- Their marsupium is well developed, opens to the rear, and contains only 2 teats.
- Because marsupial young are born at an early stage of development and then spend a long period attached to a teat (often in a pouch), data on offspring sex ratios are easy to collect.
- Light birth BW pigs tend to nurse the posterior teats, which produce less milk than the anterior teats, which are nursed by heavier pigs.
- If a mare is more than 330 days pregnant and has developed a prominent udder with waxing of the teats, she's probably going to foal within 48 to 72 hours.
- We don't use iodine on their teats after milking anymore.
- Infection is through the oral route when sucking from teats contaminated either by faeces in ewes harbouring the bacteria in their intestinal tract, or by infected soil.
- He emerges from his hole and, stopping only to milk the distended teats of his goats, he returns to examine the print more carefully.
- It can cause blisters and sores in the mouth, and on the tongue, muzzle, teats or hooves of horses, cattle, swine, sheep, goats, llamas and a number of other animals.
- In Kavango culture only males are responsible for milking cows although young children, both boys and girls, customarily suck milk directly from the cow's teats.
- The disease causes fever and large blisters in the mouth, on the teats and between the hooves, making it difficult for the animal to eat, drink and walk.
- A healthy udder is soft and pliable, and has two well-developed teats.
- It is best that calves suckle from all 4 teats, but make sure at least 2 teats are suckled.
- The width at the bottom will let the sow be comfortable when lying down and the piglets will be able to reach the teats.
2British(of feeding bottle)→ nipple
- Even with modern plastic bottles and synthetic teats failure of hygienic cleaning and contaminated water supplies can prove lethal.
- When you bottlefeed, hold your baby close and tip the bottle up so the teat fills with milk, and not air.
- My youngest memory is sitting up in my pram and cutting the top off my bottle teat with a pair of scissors, I can even describe the room and where I was parked
- There are special teats and bottles available which help the baby to get milk to the back of the throat to swallow more easily.
- Babies with these problems may need a special teat and bottle that allow milk to be delivered to the back of the throat where it can be swallowed.
- We determined the effect of artificial teats (bottle and dummy) and cups on breast feeding in preterm infants.
- Breastfeeding is also more convenient than bottlefeeding - there's no need to worry about cleaning bottles and teats, or storing formula.
- Place the bottles and teats in the steriliser, put the lid on, and switch on the microwave/steam steriliser for the recommended time.
- To try it at home, you'll need three pairs of supersize flesh-coloured tights, the rubber teats of two baby bottles and the corner of an old doormat.
- Many ignored his advice and went back to feeding their newborns crushed wine biscuits mashed with water in a bottle with a large-holed teat.
- The best way was to try and encourage the weakly lamb to suck direct from the goat; if they couldn't manage this, then they would draw some warm milk off into a bottle, put on a rubber teat and feed the lamb that way.
- Babies who are bottle-fed may swallow air from the bottle: try feeding the baby in a different position, or using a bottle and teat designed to reduce the amount of air the baby swallows during a feed.
- If the calf is too weak to suckle directly, take milk from the cow and feed it using a clean bottle and teat, or by stomach tube.
- Check that the hole in the teat of the baby's feeding bottle is not too small, resulting in his gulping air.
- If you're bottle-feeding, check that the teat is the right size.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!