The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1(demonstrate gratitude to)to thank sb for sth — darle las gracias a algn por algo
— agradecerle algo a algn
- I could bore you all by thanking the little people who helped me to where I am today.
- By thanking people you are building good will and empathy with their support.
- This man got up and read a little piece thanking the people of Ireland for their generosity.
- We sometimes get letters from people thanking us for reconnecting them quickly.
- A charity worker has thanked people in Harwich for their support ahead of a mercy mission to Romania.
- He thanked the many people who sent him so many cards when he was sick last year.
- He also thanked the many people who drove him around the area to visit various places.
- Mr Dolan thanked the people of Bingley and surrounding areas for their support.
- Mr Ackroyd thanked the people of nearby villages for their help and support over the years.
- A pensioner injured after she was knocked off her bike has thanked the people who came to her aid.
- We thanked the people who called the fire brigade and the crews, who were here quickly.
- Many people were thanked for their help in making Mickleton a good place to live in.
- The committee would like to thank many people who helped to make the day such a success.
- Through your newspaper I would like to thank the person who found the letters and posted them.
- We've been overwhelmed with the support given to us and we can't thank people enough.
- They wish to thank the many people who helped to make the day the great success it was.
- He went on to thank the people of Shipley for putting their trust in him and said news of the win had not yet sunk in.
- It is so nice for us to think that what we did has not been forgotten and we can't thank people enough.
- Editors always seem to be thanking people and now I know without doubt that they mean it.
- I was really impressed with the turnout and would like to thank people for their support.
2(hold responsible)you can thank the government/weather for it — la culpa la tiene el gobierno/tiempo
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!