The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of teocracia
- Iran has made the transition in the last twenty years from a nominal constitutional monarchy to a democratic theocracy.
- Tibet was a theocracy, ruled by incarnate Buddhas, and, in imitation of China, it had adopted a policy of almost complete exclusion.
- When Aikenhead climbed the scaffold Scotland was not far off being a theocracy in everything but name.
- The earth will have a theocracy; being ruled by God will bring perfection into the earth.
- There is one group that wants to use democracy as an excuse for political payback and create a theocracy not a democracy.
- This is the fundamental difference between kingdoms, theocracies, feudal states, and a democratic republic.
- First he debunks the criticism that the constitution establishes an Islamic theocracy.
- It would have been entirely possible for them to annul the constitution and implement a theocracy.
- The implication is that the party supports replacing democracy with an Islamic theocracy.
- As long as an unelected theocracy doesn't emerge, the US will be relatively happy to declare victory and leave.
- Putting God in the public square runs the risk of turning our democracy into a theocracy.
- This sort of behaviour is why many of us who have supported the fight against fascist theocracies abroad are worried about its strident counterpart at home in the democratic West.
- Democracies run by corrupt individuals will be corrupt; just as dictatorships or theocracies will be corrupt if their leaders are corrupt.
- Unquestionably those good English zealots founded unforgiving theocracies on the soil of New England.
- But the speech was most notable for the force with which Yeats pleaded that the Free State should not become a theocracy.
- A closing chapter attempts to interpret a Christian theocracy in the context of a pluralistic culture.
- The Christian Right and their political minions advocate a total theocracy, plain and simple.
- All the signs lead one to believe that elections will lead to a theocracy (which I dread).
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!