The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
- This point is most clear in the area of theoretical science, though it has much broader application.
- HNDs are much more vocational than degrees and can often be more practical rather than theoretical.
- However he was also very active in applications of mathematics to theoretical physics.
- His careful study of military affairs had been as much theoretical as practical.
- The two-hour sessions are split in half; the first theoretical, the second practical.
- Excuse me for for butting in… But does it matter if a theoretical framework is unfalsifiable?
- I guess I'm interested in this question more from a theoretical than practical standpoint.
- To do this it is helpful to detail briefly the theoretical framework within which these questions were grounded.
- Oskar Klein died in Stockholm, one of the finest theoretical physicists of the twentieth century.
- The PR guy said she was tipped as one of the most brilliant theoretical physicists of her generation.
- Will there be no work left for theoretical physicists to do in the twenty-first century?
- The preceding chapters have been concerned with the theoretical sciences.
- These majors were too theoretical and impractical, so that it would have been hard to find a job.
- Then he could acquire the practical skills to go with his theoretical knowledge.
- Zhukovskii was concerned both with theoretical and with experimental aspects of the subject.
- Another area of mathematics that is full of rough estimates is theoretical computer science.
- In addition to the theoretical course, he had four years' experience working with horses.
- In theoretical science, we have no reason to suppose that we are ever talking about anything.
- Studies up to that point were entirely theoretical and lacked any real practical application.
- The session included experience-based, theoretical, and practical aspects.
- Now the lost work is regarded as a masterpiece with a theoretical value of £300,000.
- This is, of course, a theoretical calculation, but one which graphically illustrates the point.
- Experimental tests with aquatic species have backed up the theoretical predictions.
- The concerns of the literati were practical was well as theoretical.
- These books will be exemplars of empirical study and theoretical understanding.
- His basic research laid the foundation for many later theoretical and practical developments.
- Moreover the concern is an intensely practical one, rather than theoretical.
- Yet this trend raises a number of important issues, both theoretical and practical.
- It is clear that Laurent was a good engineer, putting his deep theoretical knowledge to good practical use.
- It takes real guts to stop being just a critic of the system and come up with solutions, both practical and theoretical.
- It also considers the theoretical and practical powers and constraints on a Prime Minister.
- Galen believed that medicine required both practical and theoretical elements.
- There is a strong theoretical and practical case for free trade and the economic benefits it brings.
- This is not to suggest that research is entirely dictated by theoretical concerns.
- For Marx the unity of theory and practice meant the resolution of theoretical problems by practical activity.
- Freud constantly revised his theories in view of theoretical concerns and new data.
- Wilson's essay is desperately keen to convey her theoretical vision of the world.
- And he also identified a desire to work on real rather than theoretical problems.
- How wonderful it would be if all theoretical conclusion equated with the practical reality.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!