The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1de tercera mano
1(buy) de tercera mano(hear/learn) por terceros(hear/learn) a través de terceros
- This comes to me third-hand, and its veracity is possibly a bit suspect.
- Two days were set aside to hear from journalists who had not been present on the day but had reported the story third-hand.
- Most got their ‘evidence’ about Africans and non-Europeans second and third-hand from the actual conquerors and enslavers.
- Issac is certainly talking, although what he is actually saying is uncertain as it is being passed on third-hand and via translation.
- The litigants don't have to worry if their information comes third-hand.
- I keep hearing the medical information third-hand, through a bunch of non-medical people, so this is probably altogether wrong.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!