The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
convocatoria de asistencia obligatoria a una sesión parlamentaria(in UK)
- Failure by MPs to attend a vote with a three-line whip is usually seen as a rebellion against the party and may eventually result in disciplinary action, such as suspension from the parliamentary party.
- Local councillors are almost powerless, and even the best constituency MP is unlikely to rock the boat against a three-line whip in Parliament.
- A member who defies a three-line whip runs the risk of having the party whip withdrawn; this is tantamount to expulsion from the party.
- Had all Conservative MPs obeyed the party three-line whip against the government, victory may have been narrow enough to call into question the premiership of Tony Blair.
- This legislation is top of the Government's list of priorities, and three-line whips will be used to try to get it through unamended before the election.
- Obviously there will be times when a three-line whip will called and MPs will be expected to toe the party line.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!