The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de trillar
- When they had secured Charles's crops, and threshed his corn, the only thing remaining to them was to return home.
- Yields for dryland crops will be low, making it difficult to keep enough material flowing into the combine to effectively thresh the crop without excessive damage to kernels and beans.
- The hired girls especially identify with the plough; they all had to help their families with the farms: herding cattle, growing crops, and threshing wheat.
- When grain is threshed the seeds are separated from the husk and the rest of the ear.
- It would appear that field crops were threshed and sieved in other locations, perhaps in the vicinity of nearby farmhouses, in the fields, or on threshing floors around the perimeter of the site.
- John Deane was threshing corn at the bottom of the field and it is hard to believe that this machine was not used for over 40 years.
- On long sections of narrow roads, farmers will appropriate a section for drying corn, or threshing red beans or millet.
- Jefferson was thus able to thresh the wheat from one field, then have the threshing machine follow the harvesters to the granary in the next field.
- The mills threshed oats and barley as well as wheat.
- Farmers in developing nations use roads for drying and threshing grain as well as for transportation.
- Prior to the 1790s farmers in Europe and America threshed their wheat much the same as their predecessors had done since Biblical times.
- Mrs. Steavens recalls Antonia helping Ambrosch thresh wheat in the fields yet again, and herding the cattle.
- And on Sunday nine old-style threshing mills were at work, threshing oats grown on the farm of Philip and Ann Whitford.
- The bread from the first piles of newly threshed grain is known as basik.
- The meadows and crops of corn fell to his mow bar and in the back end he came along with the Garvey Threshing mill to thresh the oats.
- In Torajaland in Indonesia I bought a carving of a woman threshing rice, a miniature replica of a life-sized death effigy.
- On several occasions I passed men on horse-drawn buggies and women threshing wheat by hand.
- It stripped the grain from the stalks and threshed them to separate the grain from the ears.
- This could affect threshing efficiency since tailings are returned directly to a combine's rotor or cylinder for rethreshing.
- As in any year, the combine should be properly set to gather, thresh, and separate all the beans from the plants to minimize losses and damage.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!