The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de trilladora
- Thus twenty years after Jefferson built his first threshing machine, Albemarle County farmers had eagerly accepted such machines and were working to simplify as well as improve them.
- During that period, he reached the conclusion that he needed to increase his production of wheat as a cash crop, increasing the potential value a threshing machine could bring him.
- From the age of six, when he began elementary school, he began constructing steam engines, threshing machines and even a glider, in the converted attic.
- Fields will be busy with horse-drawn sheaf racks and a threshing machine powered by the museum's steam tractors.
- Besides the usual work, he made wheels and plows, repaired threshing machines, and, in 1807, his fence-building skills were considered equal to those of John Perry.
- Paterson traveled to the north of England and to Scotland where he found that threshing machines operating with a drum speed higher than his machine produced cleaner grain at a higher rate.
- Agriculture remained woefully primitive, with equipment such as horse-drawn sowing machines, harvesters, mowers, and threshing machines extremely rare.
- At the time Thomas Pinckney began looking for a threshing machine of the Scottish model in southern England, such machines were scarce there.
- Most of the responding farmers had used their threshing machine, which had cost them about £50, for two years, and all were enthusiastic about its benefits.
- The swish and the hum of a threshing machine, at its ancient work separating oats from straw, reverberated around the quiet rural landscape of Cloghans, near Ballina, last week.
- The barn had a high central alley, tall enough for a threshing machine or a hay wagon.
- It is fascinating to stand and watch the threshing machine and binder, the stone crusher and the mechanical saw working away.
- Jefferson was thus able to thresh the wheat from one field, then have the threshing machine follow the harvesters to the granary in the next field.
- The towers were built using scrap metal from threshing machines and ploughs.
- Utility patents are generally given for new or improved processes such as forging or for particular items or equipment such as a threshing machine.
- It will probably be the first time the old engine has been linked up to a threshing machine because it was built to be shipped to Australia.
- William Booker of nearby Goochland County was constructing threshing machines of his own design for a number of Virginia farmers.
- Skillfully and carefully, the owner maneuvered it into position between the stacks of oats, unhitched the tractor and turned it around to the face of the threshing machine.
- A far cry from the days of potatoes and oats on every farm and, later on, was the sound of the threshing machine.
- In two places, threshing machines had been set on rises along the highway - lest we forget where we came from.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!