The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
nounplural tigers, plural tiger
1tigre masculineto fight like a tiger — pelear como un tigre / como una fiera
- Boller estimates there may be as many as 400 to 500 lions, tigers, and other big cats in the Houston area alone.
- The burgeoning trade in bones and body parts for use in folk medicines threatens tigers and other big cats.
- Next door is the Night Safari where, between 7.30 pm and midnight, you can watch buffalo, deer, tigers and fishing cats as they come out to feed.
- The big cats you find outside Africa include tiger, jaguar, leopard, cougar and Iberian lynx.
- The reason that this can happen is that both the lion and the tiger are big cats.
- Passing tigers, rhinos, tapirs, deer and other animals triggered the shutter by tripping infrared sensors.
- Lions, tigers, jaguars, giraffes, orang-utans and emus were some of the other creatures we saw.
- Wild tigers mainly inhabit Asia, whereas the lion's current natural habitat is almost entirely in Africa.
- The forests supported tigers, elephants, wild boar, oxen, and deer, as well as wildfowl.
- Cambodia was once home to herds of elephants, possibly thousands of tigers, wild cattle, leopards, bears, barking deer and an array of other animals.
- Because the tiger had become so rare, it had become an extremely valuable commodity in the black markets of Asia.
- Weiler's survey found that the use of land mines to kill tigers, deer, wild cattle and other animals was widespread.
- And in India, Bengal tigers laze in forest branches.
- The most ferocious biters among mammals aren't lions, tigers, or wolves, but meat-eating marsupials, a new study says.
- And yet another is a mountain refuge for vultures, tigers, and wild water buffalo.
- Because the elephants aren't afraid of the tigers, the tigers aren't afraid of elephants.
- They were unlike tigers and all other living cats, which are solitary hunters.
- In India, once considered the greatest stronghold for tigers, recent reports show the big cats disappearing altogether from some core reserve areas.
- In 1971, it banned the hunting of tigers, the first tiger range state to do so.
- Entering the forest officer's house, he found the skins of 3 Bengal tigers and 50 leopards.