The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1(decoration)(guirnalda dorada o plateada para decoraciones navideñas) espumillón masculine
- Another reader said hanging Christmas tinsel or aluminium foil strips in trees where fruit bats feed also works well.
- There wasn't a single extra piece of tinsel, no baubles, no lights, no street entertainment at all.
- In one striking image, a porch is shown elaborately decorated for Christmas with tinsel, stockings, ornaments and toys.
- At that time, it was unthinkable that anyone would believe that it was anything but real, especially after a decoration of tinsel and an assortment of differently shaped and coloured baubles.
- I am careful not to push loose the strand of tinsel Christmas decorations that I left strung across the room.
- Clad in silver foil and dripping with tinsel, glam-rockers were perfectly suited to the knees-up, mine's-a-double jollity of a proper Christmas party.
- A piece of green tinsel was twirled around her call-bell.
- We took balloons and tinsel to decorate the black netting sunshade under which we had a traditional feast of a huge chicken wrapped in foil and cooked on the beach barbecue all morning.
- Sadly, it's yet another case of Congressional false advertising - a lump of coal wrapped in shiny tinsel.
- A camel ambles past, decorated in tinsel and red trappings.
- The students will also dress in fancy dress as well as dressing up the animals using Christmas decorations such as tinsel and lights.
- Oh, and this strip of tinsel is already beginning to irritate me.
- I like a really old fashioned Christmas, where the decorations are larded with tinsel and as tacky as they can be.
- These were aluminum strips not unlike tinsel and were dropped from the aircraft to obscure the enemy's radar with ‘snow.’
- This is why tinsel is used to decorate Christmas trees.
- The once bare evergreen branches are now adorned with silver tinsel and glittering ornaments.
- The gaudy tinsel and the 155,000 lights of 2004 have given way to a more natural look of Christmas trees decorated with white lilies and pink roses that are replaced as they wilt.
- I think they'd prefer a splash of tinsel round the school instead.
- They also wanted the airport to donate last year's tinsel and festive décor to local community groups.
- What they don't realise is that tinsel and tawdry jokes take the joy out of the season of goodwill.
2(tawdry glitter)oropel masculinerelumbrón masculine
- The presence of glamorous tinsel stars add more sheen to any function with frenzied crowd trying to have a glimpse of their favourite stars.
- But it's alternative; it's for people who think glamour is not tinsel.
- At the end, she waved to the crowd with a tinsel glamour and sported a forced, yet innocent smile, revealing her missing tooth.
- Like them he too had little difficulty entering the glitzy and glamorous tinsel world.
- As well as these tinsel tales, there are large numbers of records, still being slowly translated, which provide a complement to the operatic version of Persian history: the Persians in documentary.
- Mainstream tinsel world celebrities have left for Dubai by Emirates Airlines today to give special performances in Dubai on May 29 and then in London on May 31.
- With hardly any releases to speak of in the last couple of years, and no more than a single hit from her last five productions, it should be easy to dismiss her as just another ambitious woman in the glamorous tinsel world.
- The festival screened as many as 25 short and docufilms of exceptional quality, a visual delight to those who crave for realism in the highly commercialised tinsel world.
- Such is their distaste for tinsel distinctions that, throughout the devolved parliament's long, three-year history, they have only awarded themselves one medal.
- These cultural meets are also fast turning out to be platforms for bringing in tinsel stars, notwithstanding the fact that they have nothing to do with academics.
- In fact, a seldom trumpeted trait about the Malayalam film industry has been its rendering a red carpet welcome to its tinsel townhood neighbours!
- He still continues to make style statements with his ensemble and not for nothing is he called the well-dressed man of Telugu tinsel ville.
- So we could soon see star-struck youngsters learning their study materials directly from tinsel world heroes or heroines.
- Meet Sudeep who is making it big in the Kannada tinsel world.
- The tinsel celebrity, now the talk of the town, was flying to Coimbatore for a shoot and she stopped off to pick up her boarding pass.
- Even seasoned actors and producers find this an appropriate time to launch their sons in tinsel world.
- Despite his tinsel heroics, Jeremy wasn't able to overcome his fear and says he won't be doing it again any time soon.
- Show business is not paved with gold for the creators of its tinsel towns.
- The presence of the legendary tinsel queens has been palpable from day one.
- Where are we going to find precedents as an alternative to this tinsel culture.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!