The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of formulismo
- Simply electing a few women to assume key political positions is mere tokenism, and should fool no one.
- I am inclined to think that such moves are mere tokenism.
- This inevitably leads to some accusing the advertiser of tokenism or stereotyping, which in turn reinforces the difficulty of acting inclusively.
- But it is difficult to regard these attempts as more than mere tokenism.
- Though considered by some to be mere tokenism, this openness to Asians has worked to the benefit of many dancers.
- While it may be tokenism, it is at least an effort to expand the foundation of our knowledge.
- Some felt that welcome performances were merely tokenism as no indigenous people were attending the conference, others that the Aboriginal voices in the region must be acknowledged.
- One suspects that aesthetic considerations were cynically sacrificed to muddle-headed political expediency and tokenism.
- The attempt to rebalance parliament so the ‘other half’ of the electorate could be represented may have been motivated by political correctness, but it has been anything but tokenism.
- However, a growing number of artistic directors are going beyond tokenism to a point where racial diversity is absolutely essential to their mission.
- The major networks can't even be accused of tokenism because they have too few token efforts to show.
- We are allowing our countryside to be destroyed for the sake of environmental tokenism.
- It's merely an example of green tokenism which does nothing to meet any environmental objectives.
- We are catching up with history, and I for one would rather there be an organic process, rather than tokenism.
- With Scotland viewed by most as a distinctive media market, in terms of TV, publishing, radio, and advertising, such regulation could play a vital role in battling broadcasting tokenism.
- The industry scheme is all well and good but until every shop has a bin for collecting scrap mobile phone equipment, the scheme is nothing more than tokenism.
- Our report shows that children as young as eight can tell the difference between tokenism and meaningful consultation.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!