The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de libro
1libro masculinolibrote masculinomamotreto masculino
- He struggled under the weight of the heavy tomes, his twiggy arms flailing pitifully.
- Heavy tomes covered much of the walls but he only ran a hand over a few of the calfskin covers.
- After flipping through the heavy pages of the tome for nearly half an hour, she had to admit defeat.
- It looks, in short, like a general reader's fantasy of a scholarly tome.
- At times he seems caught out like a student tied to an unworkable premise for the sake of writing a heavy tome.
- Why pay £20 to lug around a weighty tome when you can copy the bits you need for free?
- If you believe a public library is a majestic bastion of encyclopedic tomes, then you have not been inside one for a very long time.
- It's much better than other reference tomes you might buy, and free.
- Most of its members were in the library, consulting tomes and magazines for the debate the next day.
- In my wandering through second hand book stores, I have come across some unusual tomes.
- The bald title suggests a cookery book or perhaps one of those popular science tomes based on a wacky premise.
- Bookcases filled with tomes of indecipherable writing lined the walls of the library.
- It is a weighty tome which is stimulating and challenging to read but is, in the end, disappointing.
- There are excellent tomes on Museums and on Museology, books on arts and crafts, on forests, natural history and so on.
- As part of the American experiment, public libraries brought the wisdom of the ancient and modern tomes to the common man.
- He was quite gracious and signed books leaving weird little messages in each of our tomes.
- I doubt if he's read a book since he left Oxford, other than legal tomes.
- Perhaps now is the time for me to eat my words, as it seems that the latest tome is much darker than the previous books.
- You had to scan the microfiche or even thumb through dusty tomes at the local library or tax assessor's office.
- These tomes are far too serious for his feeble intellect.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!