The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1(over fire)trébedes feminine
- On and around them are all sorts of spits, racks, trivets, pans, kettles, cauldrons and hot plates, all fashioned out of black cast iron.
- His opening slide was of a cast iron trivet with a steaming kettle on top.
- Satisfied, she turned back to Lucky and motioned towards a steaming kettle sitting on an iron trivet on top of the wood stove.
- We use cast iron teapots on trivets, and this both intensifies the unique flavors and creates an atmospheric experience.
- The kettle remained almost permanently on the trivet.
2(on table)salvamanteles masculineposafuentes masculine Southern Cone
- I'd taken the glass turntable out to wash and thought it would be OK to use it without, just to heat milk, forgetting that the plastic supporting trivet would still turn round…
- Practical as protectors under wine glasses, they can also be set side by side to create a trivet for a vase or a pitcher.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!