The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1(in Scandinavian mythology)gnomo masculine
- They showed all the mythological creatures that here existed, unicorns and flying horses, fauns and mermaids, elves and trolls, giants and dragons and many more beautiful and dangerous creatures she had never seen.
- Throughout the ages, legends have always been richly embroidered with fantastic creatures; fairies and elves, trolls and giants, dragons and gryphons, phoenixes and shape-shifters.
- For those of you unfamiliar with J.R.R. Tolkien, prepare to enter a land where humans share the earth with goblins, trolls, elves, dwarves, dragons and, of course, hobbits.
- Dwarves, trolls, giants, and goblins were of a lesser intelligence and did not associate much with humans and faeries.
- He had defeated giants, trolls, fearsome dragons with his skill and his Holy Sword.
- A table, made of a dark wood and engraved with images of giants and trolls and enchanting dragons, loomed as the centerpiece of the room.
- They were far too strong, far too wise, and far too evil to be stopped by men, elves, trolls and dwarves alone.
- Almost none of them were human - some looked like small dwarves, others like giant trolls!
- Hobbits, of course, are fictional characters, as are dwarves, elves, goblins, and trolls.
- In the books she read, most trolls were idiotic giants that killed people.
- From the depths of Gan came the ogres, the goblins, the trolls, and, of course, the leprechauns, who were later conquered by the good of elves.
- You do not have to discourse with fairies or elves, gnomes or trolls.
- Monsters such as goblins, orcs, trolls, and ogres thrived here.
- Probably the most famous creatures of Norwegian folklore are the trolls - large, powerful, grotesque beings.
- Then he lowered his horns, galloped along the bridge and butted the ugly troll.
- And, with no dragons, monsters or trolls around to hunt, clearly something had to be done before the fickle finger of fate intervened.
- As with other Scandinavian countries, Icelanders take great delight in stories of trolls, elves, and fairies.
- I have fought trolls, seen elves, and I have met Carmella, one of the twelve sorceresses.
- Immortality, he had learned young on, was something his grandmother would speak about when she told them about elves, trolls, and the imaginary world of fancy.
- I like the character detail of the goblins and trolls.
1(on the internet)trollear
- The company in Los Angeles is but one of several companies that hire people to troll Internet chatrooms and newsgroups posing as clients' fans.
- Somehow, we're trolling him on our own website, according to his crazy logic.
- It looks like the site is still being trolled by right-wing reactionaries trying to stir the pot instead of educate.
- One of the mailing lists I'm on got trolled this week, which was interesting as it rarely happens to places I hang out on.
- Flaming and trolling have been part of internet interaction probably for nearly as long as there has been an internet.
- What a timely example of private comment spam AND trolling rolled into one.
1(on the internet)troll masculine
- Administrators can avoid criticism by the time-honoured tactic of shooting the messengers - labelling them trolls, then banning them.
- I'll reserve judgement on whether your post is a troll.
- Whacking trolls is, for some that website's editors, a big part of why they keep coming back.
- After this idea was posted on the blog, the number of trolls diminished to almost zero.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!