The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of falso
1(charge/evidence) falso(charge/evidence) fabricado
- Dozens of opposition leaders have been arrested on trumped-up charges.
- Each time he was booked, he said, on trumped-up charges of disorderly conduct.
- The trumped-up charges hung over his head for several years.
- In fact, virtually nothing about this trumped-up story is true.
- He summoned him before the royal court to answer trumped-up charges.
- The governing and opposition parties are growing more confrontational, trading trumped-up accusations and even blows on the legislative floor.
- History is full of trumped-up threats.
- For his troubles, he was sentenced to 28 years in prison on trumped-up charges.
- He was sent to prison for five years on a trumped-up income tax charge.
- The company sacked 26 workers on trumped-up charges after they returned to work on May 14.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!