Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- Besides carrots, other root vegetables include turnips, parsnips, radishes, beets and rutabagas.
- If you'd like to extend the harvest of carrots, turnips and other root vegetables, leave some in the ground to mulch as the weather gets colder.
- Buried in this dirt, which remained cool but didn't freeze in the winter - were potatoes, carrots, turnips, and other root vegetables.
- The Celeriac is known as the beast of vegetables a turnip rooted, celery topped winter crop that is predominantly used in stews or soups.
- This diet suggests daily doses of fresh vegetables, including turnips, mustard greens, bean sprouts, bamboo shoots, bok choy, ginger root and sea vegetables.
- This cool but rewarding wine would make a keen companion for a curried vegetable stew of spicy curried parsnips, turnips, carrots, potatoes and baby onions.
- Outside the cavern I had viewed various edible herbs and plants such as onions and turnips as well as roots and grasses.
- The radishes, beets, turnips, carrots and other root vegetables grown at the Student Organic Farm are direct seeded.
- Washing of vegetables: Ground grown vegetables like carrot, turnip, radish, should be washed thoroughly by running water.
- The bulk of the book is devoted to detailed instructions on how to grow over 70 vegetables from sprouts, onions and turnips to the more exotic Mibuna and Mizuma greens, Pak Choi and winter squash.
- Vegetables grown around the lakes such as spinach, turnips, and tomatoes are sold at dawn in a unique floating market from one boat to another.
- Three healthy helpings of fresh mashed potatoes, turnips, carrots and green beans augmented by a some succulent gravy could tackle the eating powers of many an athlete.
- Bob's family farmed the 36 acre island, growing onions, turnips, barley and potatoes.
- They are as different from the fat autumn turnips as petit pois are from marrowfat peas.
- Couscous, a dish made with granulated seminola grains, is usually topped with mutton, veal, or beef and a variety of vegetables such as tomatoes, turnips, and pimentos.
- Plant cool-weather vegetables such as beets, kale, lettuce, peas, radishes, spinach and turnips in late July, but keep them well watered and mulched.
- As long as there were scraps of potatoes, carrots, turnips and the like, the pig could be fattened and eventually sold for profit.
- The chicken kiev was slightly crispy and accompanied by the staple favourites potatoes, carrots and turnips.
- There were eight kinds of preserved cabbage, soybeans, turnips and mushrooms served as appetizers.
- Did the menu say those roasted wedges on the side were potatoes, turnips or parsnips?