The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1magnate masculine, feminine
- He knew as well as I did that we are up against not just a business tycoon but a powerful politician.
- Corruption and bribery are rampant in many countries across Asia Pacific, often involving top politicians, government officials, military personnel, and business tycoons.
- The Democratic Party, which had planned to hold a march to condemn nepotism between the government and business tycoons, postponed its event to Jan.16.
- The peninsula is home to a surprising range of fine villas and mansions, most of them designed in the middle of the last century for Glasgow's industrial and financial tycoons.
- The tech-savvy leaders may convince business tycoons to bear the financial burden.
- The supermarket tycoon agreed to meet Cylon for exactly one-and-a-half minutes.
- It's full of rich of ladies and business tycoons retiring after making a cool million and leaving the company to their kids.
- The North Yorkshire business tycoon who owns a profitable food chain has once again had a bumper pay year.
- The two unexpectedly discover that the killings are connected to a group of former computer business tycoons turned religious fanatics.
- The millionaire media tycoon faces the possibility of a snap election following the double resignation.
- The 31-year-old supermarket tycoon was held by the South Armagh IRA for six days.
- The head hunter took him to a real estate tycoon based in Mumbai.
- The speed with which the 76-year-old tycoon has moved has staggered most observers.
- He was one of the first Russian tycoons openly to declare his wealth.
- There were only a dozen or so billionaires, most of them oil tycoons.
- Throughout the decade several oil tycoons claimed they were the inspiration for the show.
- George, we learn, is a farm boy turned wealthy insurance tycoon.
- The City of York has produced some of the region's wealthiest working tycoons, a new survey has revealed.
- Completed in 1914, Kohl Mansion was the home of Charles Frederick Kohl, the son of a shipping tycoon.
- Allen, supposedly the fifth richest man in the world, is the tycoon who bankrolled both museums.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!