The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
nounplural ultimatums, plural ultimata
1ultimátum masculineto give sb an ultimatum — darle un ultimátum a algn
- In recent years he has repeatedly issued ultimatums demanding that area plants become more profitable.
- This should be an ultimatum - accept new terms and conditions or think about an alternative career.
- Instead, he issued an ultimatum to the people who are suffering under this occupation.
- As the film itself points out, they had virtually issued an ultimatum to this country with its oil embargo.
- Although she rejected the ultimatum, she is clearly on the defensive.
- The teachers resigned in protest at a government ultimatum that they either return to their jobs or be sacked.
- He linked the ultimatum directly to the needs of international investors.
- The workers were sacked a week later because they ignored an ultimatum ordering them back to work.
- Whether true or not, the story was quickly seized upon to issue its ultimatum.
- At issue was an ultimatum issued for a crackdown on the privatization of health care.
- Three days later, Coop management locked out workers following an ultimatum to accept the contract.
- These moves fulfill an ultimatum made to last term's Union President.
- Union officers are defying the council ultimatum and continuing the jobs they were elected to.
- Every attempt to accommodate to the demands has been met by new ultimatums.
- On February 21 the council gave him an ultimatum of resigning or being sacked.
- A mass meeting in Dundee faced down an ultimatum from council bosses.
- He reacted by demanding that he should not be confronted with an ultimatum.
- He accepted an improved offer, which they got after facing down an ultimatum from the council.
- The editorial amounts to an ultimatum to carry out the bidding of the extreme right.
- Their modus operandi of presenting ultimatums while refusing to negotiate can only mean that this administration is not seriously interested in obtaining compliance.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!