The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
- Although the ultrashort solitons described above have so far only been generated using a GaAs: InGaAs laser, nothing inherent to the technique restricts it to a specific material system.
- According to the uncertainty principle, these ultrashort pulses would have a very wide spectrum of energies - with some photons in the gamma radiation range, having more than 1 MeV of energy.
- Physicists have used ultrashort pulses of light to control the motion of electrons ejected from molecules and to produce electron beams just a few nanometres in length.
- If you use an ultrashort pulse of laser light instead of white light, the pulse will also break up, shedding smaller bits called precursors as it goes.
- Now physicists in Vienna and Germany have managed to do just that, allowing the carrier-envelope phase of a high-power ultrashort pulsed laser to be altered at will.
- In their experiments conducted at the Max Born Institute in Berlin, Ropers and colleagues aim an ultrashort laser pulse at a nanostructured metal surface.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!