The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
- It's not just the fact that they're unelected that makes it undemocratic, but the way they are put there.
- The move was denounced by human rights organisations as racist, undemocratic and discriminatory.
- This divide and rule policy has been as crudely mercenary as it has been undemocratic.
- There is a growing perception that the decision-making is remote, opaque, and even undemocratic.
- All I can add is that I feel increasingly desperate and depressed about our increasingly undemocratic society.
- If these elections had taken place anywhere else in the world they would have been denounced as undemocratic and unfair.
- This is partly because of the increasing recognition of the undemocratic and corrosive effects of secrecy.
- In this warped environment, an undemocratic opposition movement was born.
- Detaining people in a prison for three months before charging them is a sign of a completely undemocratic society.
- The anti-monarchy lobby insist that the monarch is a burden on the taxpayer and undemocratic.
- This is a war that would be as immoral as it would be illegal and undemocratic.
- Doctors are contesting the regulations as undemocratic, arbitrary and Draconian.
- The new system operates as a quango and is therefore undemocratic.
- The member who just preceded me said that this is an undemocratic bill.
- Strengthening the hand of undemocratic regimes may be unavoidable in the short term.
- The undemocratic character of the meeting was further underscored by the manner in which it was called.
- This being the case, then it would seem to me to be undemocratic for unions and Government to join forces in preventing them from doing so.
- The premier later told reporters that a referendum election is undemocratic and may be illegal.
- Councillors have been attacked for being undemocratic over their decision to close a secondary school.
- When a democratic election results in an undemocratic outcome, it's time to reflect.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!