Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1maleza femininemonte bajo masculinesotobosque masculine
- Trees and dense undergrowth covered the banks all round, giving the place an air of secrecy and isolation from the rest of the world.
- The ravine would also need to be cleared of undergrowth and trees.
- He said the big cat was gone in a matter of seconds, but he was left shaken as the animal darted away through trees and undergrowth.
- The north shores of Loch Maree are rich in oak wood and associated undergrowth and the glens are full of wild flowers.
- He was leading through dense undergrowth, and she struggled to keep up with his light-footed steps.
- They were waiting for her by the time she reached the shady green undergrowth of the oak tree.
- Around two hectares of undergrowth, gorse bushes and an oak tree were destroyed.
- She stopped as she came to a small stream meandering through the dense undergrowth.
- The work will involve removing undergrowth, felling scrub and a large bonfire!
- They are usually found in the mossy undergrowth in woods but we've found them right by the roadside.
- This butterfly always flies close to the ground in shady places or among the jungle undergrowth.
- We clambered over the stile and onto a well-worn path fringed by dry rotting undergrowth.
- If we ask for undergrowth to be cut back and litter to be dealt with on a particular path we are as often as not told it is a leisure services responsibility.
- The event, which takes place twice a year, involves clearing back undergrowth and picking up litter from the area.
- The trees were thicker, the undergrowth denser, but he could follow the tracks well enough.
- Garden birds need undergrowth to hide and rest in and nest sites in your large hedge, away from the prying eyes of the magpies.
- The offending undergrowth has been causing problems for anglers who have sought help from the town council.
- On most days we would wind our way through two or three miles of lush undergrowth, only to find our way blocked by a fallen tree.
- Another time I decided to test my new mountain bike by riding it through some thick undergrowth.
- The woods in front of them degenerated into a thick grove of bamboo and undergrowth.