The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1(needs) subestimarshe's understating the gravity of the problem — está quitándole / restándole importancia a la gravedad del problema
- That bland description understates the drama and stakes of the investigation.
- Not only is there little sign of a cooling of this demand, but there is also a concern that the trade figures - awful as they are - may even be understating the volume of manufactured imports.
- To describe e-mail as an enabling technology greatly understates its influence.
- To say we are disappointed would be understating it.
- I've used these kinds of distancing techniques myself - writers often do when they want to highlight the horror of a situation by understating the actual details.
- Even so, he's not one for understating his ambitions, once again setting out his goal to create a ‘world-class business’.
- Commentators who say that the political landscape changed dramatically in the past year are grossly understating the true state of affairs.
- To say he was delighted with it is understating the case.
- To say I'm suffering from a combination of culture shock and stomach churning homesickness would be understating it.
- If anything that is rather understating the case - I have been overwhelmed by what I have seen and heard.
- To say this property needs renovation may be understating the case.
- No, that would be grossly understating the hopelessness of his present situation.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!