The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de sobrio
1(decor/style) sobrio(decor/style) sencillo(dress) discreto(dress) sencilloher performance is restrained and understated — su actuación es moderada y comedida
- The screen is filled with earthy understated hues and subtle pastels.
- Relying on natural light and without gimmicks or props, his work was often understated and subtle but easily accessible.
- The atmosphere throughout is one of understated elegance and the highest standards of comfort and luxury.
- There is a love of natural forms and an appreciation of understated elegance.
- She walked into a medium sized front room, decorated in an understated elegance.
- He's dressed in scruffy jeans and a faded biker jacket, talking in quiet, understated tones.
- His understated comedy, often just a subtle facial expression, was deeply funny to millions.
- Subtlety is the foremost element in this suavely written and understated novel.
- He is a wonderfully understated character with the gentle knowing presence of an outsider who understands.
- Like most ads of its kind, it is self-consciously understated; but as it happens, it is just a little too smug for its own good.
- There are still people who would go for a cool understated chic, and in our time of personally indulgent dressing this is probably the time to do it.
- We love how last year's understated plain rings have given way to jazzed-up jewels.
- It has that rare and refreshing eloquence of the understated.
- They both have a powerful sense of humour and an understated wit that makes you look very carefully at what's on the page in case you miss anything.
- Some rooms were once first-floor barns and feature original timber and stone in very modern but understated designs.
- It's an impressive, understated debut that repays repeated listens.
- There's an understated confidence about the food, and the service allows you to sit back and truly relax.
- Like his restaurants, he typifies understated style and a calm underlying assurance of deep professionalism.
- Instead, we were presented with bland technical data, neat, sanitised diagrams and understated text.
- This brand emits an understated, international confidence, dating back to early jet-setting.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!