Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(stand on end)(bench/chest) poner vertical(bench/chest) parar Latin America
- I upended the pumpkin and cut the bottom out of it, then put it outside on our backdeck, over the decklight, sparing us the need to use a candle or a flashlight to light him up.
- This completely upends conventional wisdom about the war, and requires a certain amount of historical amnesia.
- His ocean survival unit holds 12 people and has a curved underwater fibreglass section that should stop high waves and wind upending the craft, unlike traditional flat-bottomed inflatables.
- Almost worse, he says, was the insult of troops upending ashtrays, of throwing his clothes on the floor and stepping on them, and of smashing open suitcases they could easily have opened.
- But it took the council a week to collect Mr Warner's bin, and he said that when the binmen did finally arrive they simply upended his green bin in to his black bin before taking it off to landfill.
- He had upended the bottle when he slammed the door.
- Mr Ebener, along with other horrified spectators, was stunned when Mr Gloystein upended the magnum bottle and proceeded to pour it all over the head of Mr Ottmann.
- So they upended the futon and assembled the bed in my bedroom.
- Frozen disks of meat were dropped onto one rotating chain; upended buns onto another.
- I turned to fetch milk from the fridge and in the process managed to upend the iron, which promptly headed for the floor and landed with a crash, rendering it somewhat ‘dismantled’ and burning the floor just for good measure.
- Most recently, he teamed up with archaeologists near his Livingston, Montana, home to research a burial site that may upend theories of how humans arrived in America.
- Harris suggested that teachers should challenge students, upend their settled ideas, and expose them to worlds far beyond their own experiences.
- When trying to begin an experiment which involves cress seedlings, do not upend the seed packet and tip cress seeds all over the floor.
- Open all the little bottles they give you and upend them in the water.