Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(stuffing, springs)relleno masculine
- For a chic design with a contemporary edge, Monty favors sophisticated fabrics and tailored upholstery in leather and linen.
- Even the soft warm leather upholstery and steady movement of the vehicle didn't succeed in lulling the girl to sleep.
- Walnut timber floor and panelling are contrasted with the aubergine panelling of the limestone bar, and the furniture upholstery is a calming blue.
- Trimmed in pink ribbon, the sitting room's yellow sofa echoes the upholstery style of the bedroom's chaise longue.
- His parents attempted a smile and continued to regard the upholstery of the sofa.
- The black paint was peeling along the running boards, and the soft grey upholstery looked shabby and faded.
- Call the cleaners and they will take care of the carpets, curtains, drapes, furniture, upholstery and put a beautiful Spring gloss to your home.
- But the furniture, upholstery and accessories of his own company, Linley, would hardly fit that description.
- Now it is looking to extend its factory, expand into the leisure upholstery and salon furniture markets, and improve its productivity.
- They are now used to make items as diverse as garden furniture and car upholstery.
- I love the couch in the living room, with its thick down cushions and velvet upholstery.
- Swivel chairs were also available in bentwood, reed, and wood with leather upholstery.
- Each of the two new cinemas contain wonderful stadium seating with soft upholstery and armrest cup holders.
- As well as providing a top class upholstery service they also supply sofas, couches, arm chairs and suites made to the customer specifications.
- Elizabeth Bland, who runs furniture and upholstery shop Homemaker, said she would not be interested in the scheme.
- I laughed and gently eased myself onto the leather upholstery.
- Those savings can be applied to new features (adding more leather upholstery, say).
- The test car came with optional cream leather upholstery, which, although attractive, reflected badly off the window.
- Once inside the sitting area with its leather upholstery and fancy artwork simply there for show, we waited for our mother.
- Even the leather upholstery, though a little cracked and faded with age, had been oiled and seemed to glow.
3(craft, trade)tapicería feminine
- Linking with the waterways theme were stalls of canal boat art and decoration, boat upholstery, knot tying and information about the British Waterways.
- He noted that among the areas involved were arts and crafts, woodwork, upholstery, photography and so on.
- Anyone interested in classes in Woodwork, Pottery or upholstery are advised to get in touch with the organization as soon as possible.
- But ten years ago he went back to painting and decorating and developed the French polishing and upholstery business from that.
- One very innovative course taken on by Forward Steps is an upholstery course, which had a terrific practical element for the centre.