The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of urdu
- He saw old manuscripts and spoke about similarities of Urdu, Arabic and Persian.
- The proof of the popularity of Urdu in North India is in the sale of Urdu verse in Hindi script.
- Similar books had been written in Arabic and Urdu, but this was the first of its kind in English.
- In spite of making Urdu the second official language in some States, the decline has continued.
- It is without question that more people speak Hindi or Urdu than Spanish.
- Often piled in corners, they were written in Arabic, German, Urdu and English.
- He learned Persian, Urdu and Bengali and took an interest in the ancient Sanskrit language.
- This includes discussions between the defendants and the informant in both Arabic and Urdu.
- She began to write from the right hand side of the page as if she were writing Urdu.
- He regretted that though Urdu language is used in speaking, its script is vanishing.
- The spoken form of Urdu is the same as that of Hindi but it is written in a different script than Hindi.
- Two thirds of the pupils speak Urdu or Punjabi as their mother tongue.
- When I was growing up, the only language I ever heard was either Urdu or Hindustani.
- He spoke to me in chaste Urdu and I had to make do with my ungrammatical Hindi.
- An Urdu speaker was available if needed to act as translator, although in the event he was not needed.
- The petition was the outcome of a mass movement in support of Urdu language.
- It noted there was only limited promotional material in Urdu or any other Asian language.
- Her first months were spent in language school, where she became proficient in Urdu.
- Copies of the film are being made in English and Urdu and will be distributed to all schools in south Bradford.
- His mother tongue was Punjab and the medium of instruction in school was Urdu.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!