The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
- After all, moral theories such as Kantianism, utilitarianism, and common-sense morality require that an agent give weight to the interests of others.
- He argued that Kantianism and utilitarianism, the two major traditions in western moral philosophy, mistakenly placed the foundation for morality in legalistic notions such as duty and obligation.
- The report identified social justice and economic-rationalist utilitarianism as the major competing educational philosophies or ideologies.
- Mill criticizes Kant's categorical imperative noting that it is essentially the same as utilitarianism since it involves calculating the good or bad consequences of an action to determine the morality of that action.
- Rule utilitarianism holds that a behavioral code or rule is morally right if the consequences of adopting that rule are more favorable than unfavorable to everyone.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!