The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1(frill)cenefa femininevolante masculine
- The Gripsholm bed is squarer and lower than the Knole bed (it may have been cut down), with a more conventional canopy and valances.
- Included in the show are table covers, needlework patterns, needle worked fire screens, valances for mantels and beds, needlework upholstery, and sewing tools.
- One of the rooms incorporates a four-poster with an embroidered valance, while another houses a lovely old polished roll-end bed like a sledge of dreams.
- So while many people fret over every detail in the master bedroom - from the rug's knot count to the percentage of satin in the valences - they close and lock the door on beautifying the bathroom.
- It was more-or-less the same as when I was a child only she had taken down the horrific black valance from her bed and had replaced them with soft white cotton ones that had intricate roses woven into them.
2(on curtain rail)galería femininebastidor masculine
- The padded valances and floor-length curtains concealed the architectural beauty of the windows.
- Draperies combined with window shades, valances and ornamentation such as trims can produce an exceptionally well-dressed window.
- Curtains or valances, appliance covers, and table runners all can be easily stitched at home.
- The view from the dining room windows is accentuated by the valance over the window, and the mirrored wall contributes to the formality as well.
- Use a valance to soften a horizontal or vertical blind.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!