Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1visigodo masculinevisigoda feminine
- The overthrow of the Visigoths by the Moors in 711 did not mean the end of viticulture, for the Islamic conquerors were enlightened rulers, who did not impose their own way of life on their subjects.
- After invasion and settlement by Goths, Visigoths, Turkmen, Arabs and others, it is almost impossible to see the Europeans and North Africans today as the direct heirs of those earlier people.
- In short, in the course of one evening, Busbecq was able to learn enough about Crimean Gothic to convince future linguists that its speakers were not Germans but a distinct group of Goths related to the Visigoths.
- These mud flats provided a haven for the people who fled here, such as Huns, Visigoths and other marauders in the fifth century.
- The Vandals and Visigoths were allowed to live in the Roman Empire as long as they gave a promise to protect the empire from the Huns.