The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1cuerdas vocales femenino
- When you speak, air rushes from your lungs and makes your vocal cords vibrate, producing the sound of your voice.
- Cancer of the throat can involve malignant tumors on the vocal cords, voice box, or other areas of the throat.
- Without normal vibration of the vocal folds in the larynx (voice box), the sound of speech is absent.
- For most men, the vocal folds in the larynx, or voice box, vibrate 100 times per second as air passes from the windpipe into the mouth and through the lips.
- The larynx contains the vocal cords and it is there that the basic sounds, that are then modified to form the speaking and singing voice, are produced.
- Precise coordination of the closure of the glottis and the action of the vocal cords produces the voice.
- Croup is inflammation of the vocal cords, windpipe, and small air tubes in the lungs.
- If you overuse your voice when the vocal cords are inflamed, it may make the inflammation worse and take longer for your normal voice to return.
- If a sound is truly voiced, that means that the vocal folds are vibrating during the sound itself.
- When a young child's airway becomes inflamed, it may swell around the vocal cords, making it harder to breathe.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!