The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
- Giving up smoking will not only prevent several heart diseases but also protect the person from lung cancer, chronic bronchitis and cancer of the voice box, bladder and cervix.
- This is the inflammation and narrowing of the voice box, the main air tube to the lungs, and the larger branching air tubes (the bronchi).
- This features progressive paralysis of the tongue, throat and voice box so that swallowing and speaking become difficult or impossible.
- Asbestos is linked to lung cancer, mesothelioma, cancer of the voice box, mouth, kidney, and digestive tract cancers.
- The voice box or larynx is a unique organ responsible for producing sounds.
- Vocal sounds are made by forcing air through a voice box in the throat.
- Regarding throat cancers: the most common site should be the voice box, also termed the larynx.
- This means inflammation of the part of the windpipe above the voice box.
- All of this breathing couldn't happen without help from the respiratory system, which includes the nose, throat, voice box, windpipe, and lungs.
- In 1999, he overcame throat cancer, but in removing the tumor he lost his larynx and now speaks through a mechanical voice box.
- A continuous hoarseness of the voice may indicate that the cancer is pressing on the nerves to the voice box.
- People can get cancer of the mouth, of the bladder, the pancreas and the voice box.
- As adults, we retain only a few vestiges of cartilage - in the nose, the ear, the voice box, the disks between the vertebrae, and at the ends of free-moving bones.
- The surgeons were able to manipulate different elements in the voice box with a high degree of dexterity that would be tremendously difficult using conventional instruments.
- For most men, the vocal folds in the larynx, or voice box, vibrate 100 times per second as air passes from the windpipe into the mouth and through the lips.
- Oral cancers occur in the mouth and the back of the throat, the tonsil, tongue, lip and voice box.
- The specimen had an intact hyoid bone, located at the back of the tongue, which is where the voice box hangs.
- A hoarse voice is the first complaint of a person with a problem in the voice box.
- The male voice box also shrunk, resembling the female version.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!