The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1(in US)voto oral masculinovoto a viva voz masculino
- The Senate passed the legislation with a unanimous voice vote, thereby avoiding individual public accountability for senators - Republican and Democratic - who supported the bill.
- The Senate leadership's bipartisan agreement to hold a voice vote on the measure constituted a cowardly maneuver to allow individual senators to conceal their support for the occupation.
- While the full Senate voted on him by a voice vote (thus votes for and against him were not recorded for the record), there was heated debate over him on the Senate floor.
- Democrats declined to push for a roll-call vote on the issue, allowing the Republican plan to pass on a voice vote.
- At a mass meeting of 4,000 teachers on Friday union members ratified a five-year contract by a unanimous voice vote.
- The bill passed the House in a 261-161 voice vote, with 42 Democrats joining the Republican majority to support the measure.
- Many of the despicable representatives don't even have the nuts to admit that they voted for it, since it was done in a voice vote.
- Instead, the Senate leadership used a voice vote procedure that did not require a quorum (a simple majority) to pass.
- Senators approved the measure by a voice vote with only one minor change in the legislation approved by the House two weeks ago.
- Senate Republicans have agreed to let the bill pass with a voice vote.
- The Committee approved her nomination by a voice vote.
- The Finance Committee approved the agreement by a voice vote, although it was closely divided on the issue.
- That's why the Senate, I think, did it on a voice vote yesterday so nobody had to be on record of voting for it.
- By agreement with the leaders of both parties, the loophole was rushed through with no debate and only a voice vote, so they did not have to go on record as having cast their first vote of the new Congress for a special perk for themselves.
- The House of Representatives approved the moratorium last month by a unanimous voice vote, but it is unclear if it will be retained in the final House-Senate conference report.
- It is requiring that routine business be submitted in written form instead of allowing the chamber to use a voice vote to take care of issues and move on to real business.
- In a panic reaction, the government placed a hastily drafted bill in the assembly which was passed soon after with a voice vote without any discussion.
- The measure that passed the Senate last week did so on a voice vote.
- According to the official site the amendment passed on a voice vote.
- The Senate issued its final approval in 2003 by voice vote.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!