The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de volcán
nombreplural volcanoes, plural volcanos
- Variations in composition within each series reflect differentiation in magma chambers under volcanoes.
- This area had not been affected by the main pyroclastic flows from the volcano.
- This heated layer is the source of lava we see in volcanos, the source of heat that drives hot springs and geysers, and the source of raw material which pushes up the mid-oceanic ridges and forms new ocean floor.
- Shield volcanoes tend to erupt non-explosively, mainly pouring out huge volumes of fluid lava.
- This kind of event occurs on all the Canary Islands and other oceanic shield volcanoes.
- They fled their homes with a few personal belongings, escaping the acrid sulphuric fumes and lava of an erupting volcano.
- In geology, students learn about the structure of the Earth, volcanoes and the formation and recycling of rocks.
- A primary conclusion from our work is that magmas beneath volcanoes such as Nevado del Ruiz release significant gas during periods of quiescence.
- They may be caused by a complex system of faults or by changes in the volcano's magma plumbing system.
- It looked a pleasant enough place from the ship even if, according to the guide books, it was built in the crater of an extinct volcano.
- Visually, the city keeps you enthralled, with its setting atop a series of extinct volcanoes and rocky crags.
- The presence of faults within the edifice of the volcano may influence the transport and degassing of the magma.
- This structure resembles volcanoes on Earth and Venus, with overlapping layers of material from a series of flows.
- The temperature of the lava, about 1,500 kelvins, is similar to that of the hottest volcanoes on Earth.
- The landscape ranges from volcanoes and Afro-alpine mountains to savanna and lowland rain forest.
- It has rainforests, snowpeaked mountains, volcanoes, tropical beaches and lush green pasture land.
- The two that are most often in the news are shield volcanoes, as seen in Hawaii, and composite volcanoes.
- Scientists have used robotic vehicles on Earth to explore active volcanoes and the ocean floors.
- Some of the salt in the oceans comes from undersea volcanoes and hydrothermal vents.
- Our understanding of how volcanoes degas has taken major steps forward in the past 20 years.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!