The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de voltio
- They created electricity running at 10 volts with a milliamp current, enough to power a small lightbulb.
- Lightening is a discharge of static electricity that ‘contains’ millions of volts of potential difference and many thousands of amps of electrical current.
- As discussed previously, voltage is measured in volts, and current is measured in amps.
- Because powerlines are typically 400,000 volts, and Earth is at an electrical potential of zero volts, pylons create electric fields between the cables they carry and the ground.
- A 19 year old man suffered serious burns after climbing 30 feet up an electricity pylon carrying 30,000 volts.
- These cables carry in the order of 13,000 volts of electricity.
- This a distribution power line, and the utility crews have told me that these sorts of lines normally carry 7,600 volts of electricity.
- A news report said the line carried 13,000 volts of electricity.
- At the rear of the engine is a pair of rectangular metal grids that are charged with 6,000 volts of electric potential.
- Once it's charged, the capacitor has the same voltage as the battery (1.5 volts on the battery means 1.5 volts on the capacitor).
- If only amperage is listed, the formula to determine watts is: amps times volts equal watts.
- Noise signal out is generally given in amps per Hz or volts per Hz.
- It is defined as the energy lost or gained by an electron as it passes through a potential difference of one volt.
- Invented in 1985, modern-day magnetic stimulators charge up to a whopping 3,000 volts and produce peak currents of up to 8,000 amps - powers similar to those of a small nuclear reactor.
- The instrument is able to measure isotopes at the individual atom level and does so by generating millions of volts of electricity.
- The person doing the conversion decides what voltage the system will run at - typically anything between 96 volts and 192 volts.
- Next door to the proposed site is a massive electrical substation with overhead power cables carrying 33,000 volts.
- The characteristic voltage is about 2 volts per cell, so by combining six cells you get a 12-volt battery.
- Like 220 volts of current being forced through a 110-volt kitchen appliance, the system is becoming overloaded, and the smoke is rising.
- The car's inverter voltage was increased from 500 volts to 550 volts and the petrol engine's electronic management system was altered to allow it to rev higher.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!