The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1vocal feminine(sound/system) (before noun) vocálico
- After blending consonants and vowels, syllables are blended into words and words are used in meaningful sentences.
- The language recodes the vowels and consonants of individual Spanish words into whistles.
- What specialists like Liberman are schooled in, is the rules for sound-shifts in vowels and consonants in any language across the centuries.
- Stressed syllables retain full vowel quality, whereas unstressed syllables may have weak vowels.
- The accumulated differences in the vowels, consonants, and syllable lengths gives dramatic speech a totally different pace.
- Expiration of air through vibrating vocal cords, used in the production of vowels and voiced consonants.
- I have never, for instance, heard a speaker of English condemn the nasal vowels or the dropped consonants of the French language.
- Even the name seems pregnant with significance - that defiant strangeness, those open, dreamy vowels.
- In Swahili, which is a Bantu language, vowels are pronounced as they are in Spanish or Italian.
- In Miami-Illinois, as in other Algonquian languages, vowel length is phonemic, that is, it is an absolute determining factor in the shape and meaning of words.
- In Chinese pronunciation, basic vowels can form vowel combinations with each other or with a nasal consonant.
- When his operas are sung in any other language, the shift in vowels, consonants, and rhythms changes the character of the music.
- In Guaraní, 12 vowels are distinguished, six oral vowels and six nasal vowels.
- Vitruvius's remarks show a sophisticated interest in the different acoustic behaviours of consonants and vowels.
- Lavender was 75 years old, and produced vowel sounds that have disappeared everywhere else.
- I love the garrulous, argumentative people, with their speech, which boasts impressively rounded vowels.
- The double consonant signifies that the preceding vowel remains short.
- If I understand the transliteration right, the vowel quality would also be closer to American English cat than cot.
- Vowels so marked are described as long, and unmarked vowels are short, a distinction known as vowel length.
- His voice is also surprisingly cultured, far more so in many ways than Jagger's flattened vowels.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!